I've never liked green smoothies. Invariably they have all been trying to masquerade as something sweet, pretending that they're not full of spinach. Then I came across this combination of ingredients to make a savoury green smoothie. It's not trying to be sweet. It's happy with its own identity and doesn't have to try to be something that it's not. I like this as a breakfast because it contains roughly four portions of veg so even if I eat pizza for lunch and dinner I'm already ahead of the game. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1/2 an avocado (I get frozen ones from Tesco)
- 1 lump of frozen spinach
- 1 handful of kale or spring greens
- 4 sticks of fresh celery
- 4 tablespoons of natural live yoghurt
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A dash of tamari
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Stick it all in a blender/smoothie maker and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass or drink it straight out of the blender, your choice!